Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Palsy Treatment, Children who have cerebral palsy always call for special needs. Much of his treatments are done by doctors and therapists but it’s you who has to handle him and it’s your responsibility to make his life easy in any way possible.
It’s a big responsibility but it’s your kid after all. Cerebral palsy has different effects on each person. Every family has to face different things and their experience differs from other families when they become involved in their child’s care.
Whether your child suffers from mild or severe cerebral palsy there is a number of ways you can provide him the help he needed to spend his life in the best way.
“As we are CP Child, please support us as we are the part of this world, We can not do things well like you guys do, Kindly help us for better living in this world”
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Stay with him during his sessions with doctor
It’s a long process your child is going to see apt of providers from pediatricians to specialists and from doctors to therapists and many more. It’s not a job of just one doctor to cure him multiple persons are required to assist his care.
Cerebral Palsy Treatment, One doctor can refer him to another one and there can be multiple treatments. You must have to keep tabs on his care providers whether they are doing what is necessary to help him.
Obviously, his doctor will receive his report regularly, but it’s wise for you to put a check on him and stay informed about his health too.
Cerebral Palsy Treatment, This is a condition in which your doctor wants you to be involved fully and present in the care of your child. Your presence will help him a lot you are the one who’s going to make the decisions.
You need to learn about the treatments and you should know what therapies work for your child, which treatment is a success and which is a failure, you will know all the benefits and drawbacks then. When your child’s doctor involves you in you should feel pleased that your child is receiving good care.
Cerebral Palsy Treatment (Home therapist)
You can provide your child with therapies at home by yourself. You can take guidance from his doctors and therapists. This could be more helpful for him as he is familiar with the environment and you can hire full-time care provider for him at home.
Therapy’s don’t take much time when they can be done at home, you can watch it whole when you have the time it’s much easier for you and his doctor can assist it too from his workplace.
You can learn proper ways to help your child, you can make him exercise at home, you learn to help him stretch his muscles, build his balance and how to deal with pains. Give him a gentle massage if he feels pain in muscles from spasms. You just have to learn basic techniques for it.
Cerebral Palsy Treatment, Try to help him stay active. He isn’t able to play sports like normal kids do but it’s going to be very important for him to move his muscles it is a big thing for him. You should help him in walking and play and let him be active.
Do movements as much as possible. Teach him new moves and skills. Being active in this way help him strengthen his muscles and it helps him with the muscle spasms.
“people who are active have fewer health problems than people who never move around, so it’s a win-win situation.”
Cerebral Palsy Treatment, How to set up daily home-based care goals:
- It’s very challenging to raise a child with cerebral palsy but you need to do proper planning, organizing things and schedules and support for him
- They are bit different than other children so they need good care from your side
- It can take time and a lot of adjustments but it’s not impossible.
- Make plans that work for you and your family.
- Be persistent in your duty and be dedicated towards it your effort will pay off someday.
- Just give your child feeling that you accept them as they are.
- Plan your daily activities at home because he is most familiar with that place.
- Try to engage him in conversations and socializes with him
- Introduce him to your guests and encourage him to talk to them.
- Try to promote self-independence in them.
- Practice daily activities with them again and again.
- Try to be creative when you want them to learn something.
- Give them healthy meals
- Practice of daily physical activity is very crucial for them
- Make them learn personal grooming and how to maintain hygiene skills.
- Set small daily goals.
- Regularly talk with his therapists and his care providers.
- Socialize with other parents who are in similar situations and with this interaction both of you will get the benefit.
- Always strive for the betterment of your child.
- Cerebral Palsy Treatment.
Cerebral Palsy Treatment, Homecare goals
Cerebral Palsy Treatment, Along with grooming and sanitation, you can help your child practice speech as well as a range of gesture exercises, making it easier to win a number of daily goals all at once.
Reassurance for family and friends for community participation
I know its quite difficult for caring a disabled child alone but try to make it simple by making a list of things and tasks other members of the family can do to help you.
Cerebral Palsy Treatment, An elder sibling can help him during playtime while you can clean home. Educational dates with a neighbor child can also be organized. When need to involve more people than its going to be much easier for you.
Cerebral Palsy Treatment, Find out Additional Assets
There are always things available to those who need a helping hand or even just someone to listen to the daily predicaments of taking care of a special needs child.
If you start to feel dazed consider reaching to other parents who are going through related issues, financial assistance from Cerebral Palsy resource groups, and community groups and meetings devoted to children with disabilities.
Cerebral Palsy Treatment, As a new parent, you will take care of an infant with cerebral palsy the same way any parent takes care of a baby. There is no definite way to regulate whether a newborn has cerebral palsy (CP). Cerebral Palsy is upsetting nervous disorder, appearing early in life.
It enduringly affects the individual’s ability to synchronize movements. The problem exists before birth, and CP is not a result of problems during birth. CP can occur in infants because of birth complications, genetic abnormalities, some complication during pregnancy, head injury or brain infections.
Cerebral Palsy Treatment, How to look for the symptoms
- Look for common symptoms: these symptoms mostly appear in early stage and most infants show signs of it at the age of 3 months. Symptoms can vary from infant to infant and also the severity can vary too.
- Recognize this early: infants can have seizures, irritability, the problem in feeding, drooling excessively, frequent tremors, respiratory issues and most important lethargy. In severe cases, he can enter into a coma.
- Go for ultrasound: ask your pediatrician for ultrasound or MRI of your child after he is one month old it will help detect the extent of damage to the brain and it became easy for your doctor to determine all the risk factors too.
- Regular check: watch closely your child’s actions whether he behave like normal kids or not. If he is slow, can sit up, gives smile or can crawl.
- Abnormal muscles look for any abnormal muscle tone whether his body is stiff at times or fully relaxed and floppy.
- Good treatment: find the best pediatrician and therapist who is specialized in his field to deal with cerebral palsy.
Try to nurture your infant just like you would nurture any other infant. Hold your infant and snuggle him. Do your best to calm and soothe him when he is restless. Some infants with CP are happier in a swing or crib during fussy phases.
Cerebral Palsy Treatment, Talk, sing and play with your infant. Irrespective of the possibility of CP, these activities are very important in the development of an infant. Check his weight weekly. It is common for CP infants to experience feeding problems, so it’s important to monitor your baby’s weight gain. Keep your infant safe during bath time.
If your toddler cannot support his head or sit during bath time, be sure to use a baby seat. Get one that will support his head and back during the bath. Provide administration and a safe environment for an infant with cerebral palsy.
Cerebral Palsy Treatment, There is always the risk of your CP infant having a seizure. Make certain he is safe and cannot harm himself during a confiscation. Remain with him until the seizure is over. Knowing how to deal with seizures is a vital part of your infant’s care.
“you cannot take good care of child unless you love the child, you must be part of their life”